An Outline of Training The Trainers Course
Presenting Islamic Beliefs And Practices: A Rational Interactive
- What is the goal of Islam?
- How do you understand purity?
- Since there are five pillars of Islam, what constitutes the foundation
- What is the significance of believing in Tawheed? What is wrong
- How do these two opposing beliefs of Tawheed and Shirk effect
- How are the names or attributes of Allah relevant to human life
of this world?
- Was man "created" or "evolved"?
- Why is human being the best "creation" of Allah on
- What does Allah wants from human beings?
- How can human beings find their job description for earthly life?
- Is the translation of the Qur'an the word of Allah? Why or why
- What is the significance of the Sunnah?
- What is/are the source/s of knowing the Sunnah?
- Why do we believe in angels? Have you seen an angel?
- Are angels superior to human beings?
- What is the Last Day or the Hour? Is it different from the Life
- Is the time in this life increasing or decreasing? What is Al-Asr?
- Is there perfect justice in the life of this world? How do we
obtain perfect justice?
- What is the concept of accountability in Islam? How does it influences
- What is sin? How to receive forgiveness? What are the conditions?
- What do you know about the time between death and resurrection?
- How does the Life Hereafter begin and end?
- What do you understand by the term Qadar or Qadr?
- Is fatalism a belief in Islam?
- How does the understanding of the concept of Qadar influence
our worldly life?
- What is the meaning of 'Ibadah or worship in Islam?
- What are five acts of worship?
- Do Muslims need proof of what is called 'Ibadah or worship?
- What is the foundation of Islam and what are the pillars?
- What happens when one or more pillars of a building are missing
or fall down?
- How would you interpret the words of Shahadah?
- What is the significance of Salah?
- What is the significance of Zakah? How is Zakah different from
- Who is the owner of the wealth we possess?
- What is the significance of Sawm?
- What is the significance of Hajj?
- What is the significance of excelling in Islam?
- What are the areas of the life in which Muslims are supposed
- What are the important areas of relationship with people?
- Is it enough for the Muslim to be good personally and avoid evil?
- What are the areas of duties of a Muslim?
- Are we responsible to gain all of our rights? What are we accountable
to Allah for?
- What do you understand by the concept that man is the khalifah
of Allah on the earth?
- How does Allah tests a Muslim on a daily basis?
- Do Muslims need proof of lawful (Halal) things or acts?
- What are the areas of things and acts forbidden?
- Is it obligatory or Fard to individually convey the message of
Islam to the people?
- What are motivations for conveying the message of Islam to the
- Does Allah's authority on the people limited to the acts of worship?
- What areas of our lives are we supposed to implement the rule
Traditional Approaches of presenting Islam
- Bridge building
- ISLAM- Friend or Foe?
- In search of God
- Why Islam?
- The "Five Pillars"
- The Fitrah
- Islam: The basic truths
- Islam, the Natural Way
The Qur'an Study Guidelines
- History of collection of the Qur'an
- Preservation of Al-Dhikr
- Organization of the Qur'an
- Miracles of the Qur'an
- Major themes of the Qur'an
- Selection of passages for study
- Non-Muslim attacks on the Qur'an and Muslim response
- Responding to stray questions
Hadith Study Guidelines
- History of Hadith collection
- Major Hadith collections
- Hadith classification
- Approaches to Hadith study
- Non-Muslims attacks on Hadith and Muslim response
- History of anti-Islam works
- Why anti-Islam activities
- Anti-Islam literature
- Anti-Islam audio and video tapes
- Anti-Islam web sites
- Responding to the attacks on Islam
- Debates and dialogues
Education and Training of the New Muslims
- Non-Muslims' fears and concerns about conversion
- Giving Shahadah methodology
- New Muslims' disappointments
- Necessity of social and financial support
- Early lessons about Islamic practices
- Introduction to the Qur'an and Hadith for new Muslims
- Potentials and resources of new Muslims
- The process of reversion
- What is comparative religion
- Why comparative religion
- Authenticity of the Bible
- Old and New Testament
- Books of the Bible
- Contents of the Bible and comparison with the Qur'an
- Who wrote the Bible
- Versions of the Bible
- Differences among various versions
- The Talmud and its position in Judaism
- Dogmas of Christianity and their development
- Concept of God in Christianity and the Trinity
- Doctrinal problems of Christianity
- The original sin and atonement
- Paul and the Pauline church
- Islam, Christianity and Social problems
- Facing Bible thumbers
- Silencing Bible thumbers
- Winning hearts of spectators
- Speaking to Christian audiences
- References to memorize
- Addressing to the common people in the West
- Contradictions in the Bible
- Muhammad in the Bible
- Other relevant topics
Misconceptions About Islam
- Sources of misconceptions about Islam
- "Muhammad wrote the Qur'an"
- "Qur'an is an incoherent writings of a mad man"
- Muhammad was commanded to read but he was illiterate
- Muhammad and allegation of epilepsy
- Why revelation to Ishmaelites?
- Arabs are "not Ishmaelites" nor from the progeny of
- Why new revelation after the Bible?
- Why was the Qur'an in Arabic?
- Allah is the moon god!
- Muhammad and Waraqa bin Nauful relationship
- Were Prophet's wives (Khadija, Safiya and Mariam) his teachers?
- Was Muhammad taught by Christian and Jewish teachers?
- Qur'an contradicts the Bible, therefore the Qur'an is wrong.
- Islam or Muhammadanism?
- Were the prophets infallible according to the Qur'an?
- Why do Muslims quote Bible if they do not believe in it?
- Why Moses and Jesus are mentioned in the Qur'an more often than
- Man is instinctively evil then why not to believe in the original
- Muslim belief in destiny is fatalism
- Is Satan a fallen angel? Qur'an says that all angels prostrated
- "Jesus was sinless and Muhammad was a sinner!" Muhammad
asked for forgiveness.
- Jesus is the Savior of Christians but Muslims have no savior!
- Muslims fear God, while Christians love God.
- Allah is angry God, while Christian God loves!
- Allah guides and misguides?
- God's punishment is a sign of love not hurt.
- Jesus healed the blind, while Muhammad frowned and turned away.
- If Jesus was not killed or crucified, what happened to him?
- Islam is all works no beliefs!
- Muslims worship black stone and a cubicle building.
- Times of prayer and fasting in the Arctic region.
- Hajj is a pagan ritual.
- Is the sacrifice during Hajj not an atonement for sins?
- Isn't Jihad holy war?
- Doesn't Islam teach terrorism and Muslims are terrorists?
- Was Islam not spread by the sword?
- If Islam means peace then why the Prophet of Islam fought so
- Why prudah or hijab for women in Islam?
- Hijab is a sign of oppression of women.
- Why Muslim women cannot marry a Christian or a Jewish man?
- Why is divorce only by men?
- Polygamy is unfair to women.
- Why did Muhammad have many wives whereas his followers were limited
- Are the punishment is Shari'ah not barbaric?
- Why not leave punishment to God?
- Why jizyah on non-Muslims? Isn't Jizyah a sign of oppression
- Is Islam against modernization and progress?
- Isn't dictatorship mandated by Islam?
- Does Islam object to western democracy?
- Isn't Islam anti social?
- Is Islam a cult?
- Is Islam a secret religion?
Areas of Clarification for Muslim youth
- Why Allah does not respond to prayers (du'aa)?
- Why the Merciful Allah allows good people sometimes to suffer?
- When to use the term "Kafir"?
- Give the evidence that Prophet Muhammad was the last Prophet/Messenger.
- Do all non-Muslims go to Hell and do all Muslims go to Paradise?
- Are Shi'ahs kafir?
- What is the source of sin? What is sin?
- Is Allah not too Merciful to put people into Hell?
- What is the difference between reincarnation and resurrection?
- What do Muslims believe about second coming of Jesus?
- Is music and singing allowed in Islam?
- Is smoking Haram?
- How did crescent and star became Islamic symbols?
- What is the icon of Islam?
- Revival of Islam means Islam is dead now. What is the truth?
- Is it a sin to take non-Muslims as friends?
- What is the concept of Taharah and when is Taharah required?
- Are non-Muslims allowed to pick up Qur'an and read it?
- Are non-Muslim allowed to enter masajid?
- Are non-Muslims allowed to stand in rows with Muslims during
- Should good people of the Book retain their religion? Doesn't
Qur'an says so.
- Will good works and charity of non-Muslims be rewarded in the
- Does Islam allow destruction of churches?
- Should apostates be killed?
- Can Islam be modified to suit modern times?
- Isn't there some good bid'ah and others are bad bid'ah? What
- Should Muslims as minority participate in politics under a non-Muslim
- How can Muslims practice Shari'ah in a non-Muslim state?
- Why didn't Islam outlaw slavery?
- If usury/interest is Haram, how can Muslim participate economically
in the West?
- Are men and women absolutely equal?
- Is concubines allowed in Islam? Many Muslim kings used to have
- Is woman's voice part of her 'awrah?
- Are women restricted in education to certain fields?
- Is a woman's consent required for her marriage? What is the position
of her Wali?
- Why do women stay behind men in Salat? Why is there physical
partition in the mosque?
- What is Islamic teachings about mut'ah (temporary marriage)?
- Did Islam permitted Muslim men to beat their wives?
- What is holy and what is unholy in Islam? Holy Qur'an, Holy Prophet,
Holy Land, etc.
- Does God changes His mind as we find that there is abrogation
- Do the Muslims believe in the Holy Spirit?
- Will everyone pass through Hell?
- Allah calls Mary, sister of Aaron but she did not have any brother
by that name!
- Jesus was a word from God, what does it mean?
- Are there any true followers of Jesus?
- Is there any confirmation of the Qur'an in earlier books?
- What should Muslims know about the Qur'an and sciences?
Method of approaching non-Muslims to talk about Islam.
Non-profit organization management techniques.
Tips about fund raising for Islamic work.
Grass roots Da'wah organization - approaches.
E-mail your comments to email@example.com