The Bushes and the Muslims
by Dr. M. Amir Ali, Ph.D.
In the year 2000 Muslim leadership in the United States initiated a bold political campaign of uniting the Muslims for political participation and casting a block vote in favor of George W. Bush. Due to opposition to Muslim political participation from certain sections of the Muslim community, this writer decided to address this neglected area and provided intellectual arguments in support of our leadership. I wrote five articles, which gained instant popularity among the learned, and the opposition failed. The combined effort of the Muslim leadership worked and the Muslim vote gave that needed margin, particularly in Florida, which brought "W" to the White House. The Muslim vote could have done better, had a similar majority of our indigenous Muslim brothers and sisters joined the effort. Let us pray and hope in the near future that all Muslims of the U.S. will be able to work in unity.
Muslim political participation in a secular society never meant a compromise with secularism and giving up the Deen of Allah for political mileage or material gains. It meant to gain recognition of the reality of Islam in America, respect for Muslim rights at all levels of American life and protection of the Muslim Ummah worldwide from the devilish elements within the Super Power structure. Only slaves and the illiterate historically had no political or legal rights, whereas the Muslims in the U.S. are neither slaves nor illiterate. Voluntary non-participation in politics meant acceptance of the status of slaves by our own volition. Participation brings freedom and all the benefits that go with it. By casting a vote in the November 2000 elections, Muslims of America have proven their maturity. It does not matter if a minority of the Muslims voted for Gore, this is unity in diversity, that is, agreement with the idea of participation not detachment.
The question is whether President Bush will do anything for the Muslims of America and the Muslim world. In my opinion expecting a complete turn around in the American policy is foolhardy. It appears that President Bush is under the shadows of his father, therefore, many Muslims expect the same. Before I discuss expectations from "W" I would like to briefly talk about his father, former President George H. W. Bush.
The Zionists see the world in black and white: either you are 1000% friend and a supporter of Israel or you are an enemy of Israel; only 100% support of Israel and neutrality are not acceptable to them. To the Israelis, friend means believing that the Israeli government is incapable of doing anything wrong anywhere in the world, particularly with the Muslims and the Arabs. Jimmy Carter and George H. Bush proved to be only 100% friends of Israel meaning that Israel could not have her way all the time. George H. Bush as Vice President was suspected by the Israelis as having a hand in the arrest of Jonathan Pollard, an Israeli spy working within the American government. American Jews were mad at George Bush for catching an Israeli spy, it was unprecedented. In addition, George Bush reduced the power of American Jews in the way he ran his election campaign in 1988. The explanation of this point follows.
Since the establishment of Israel, American Jews had created a myth that no one could be elected to presidency of the U.S. without winning New York and winning New York means winning the vote of the Jews who were almost twelve percent. It was, therefore, necessary for every presidential candidate to kowtow to the Israeli wishes. George H. Bush removed New York from his winning strategy; from the Jewish point of view it was an unforgivable cardinal sin. Bush won the election and killed the myth forever. From then on the Bush family has to live with the stigma of unforgivable sin of reducing Jewish-Israeli influence in the U.S. Elder Bush was defeated in 1992 by dividing the Republican vote between Bush and Ross Perot, who volunteered with his billions to help out the Zionists. The Reform Party was the brainchild of the Zionists and Ross Perot was a tool. In addition, in 1992 the Zionists entered into a deal with Clinton that he will get elected only if he nominated one of their own, Al Gore, as his vice president. It was inconceivable that Bush who commanded 90% approval rating only a year earlier (1991) will fall down to a losing position - it was not the economy stupid! It was not his "no new taxes" either. It was Zionist conspiracy. The Zionist plan was to enthrone Al Gore as President eventually and rule the world from Jerusalem - their ultimate dream would have been realized within eleven decades of the beginning of Zionism in the 1890s.
I was able to analyze the situation in 1992 and, despite the horrendous crime of genocide in Iraq by the Bush forces, I voted for him. It was not an easy decision. Somehow, it was my gut feeling that the Clinton administration, due to the inclusion of Gore, would be more harmful to the Muslim world than the Bush. The time has shown that immigration laws to restrict Muslim immigration, the Secret Evidence Law and profiling were passed and enforced. The only American citizen who was declared to be "Special Designated Terrorist" happened to be Mohammad Salah by the signature of Clinton, perhaps at the behest of Gore and the Zionists. Immigration petitions from the Muslims, which were already approved, were rarely honored during the eight year period of Clinton-Gore. Bush did not interfere in Bosnia nor did he put any arms embargo on the Bosnians whereas Clinton-Gore enforced a crushing arms embargo preventing Bosnian victory. Clinton-Gore intervened only after Muslim power and will to fight was reduced to zero. Similar tricks were played in Kosovo and a free hand was given to the Russians to massacre the Chechens. The World Trade Center bombing took place in 1993. This writer continues to believe that the WTC bombing was the work of the Israelis with the tacit approval of elements within the U.S. government. The same elements allowed the arrest of Sheikh Omar AbdurRahman and others on concocted charges and spent millions of dollars to convict them. The kangaroo court of the Zionists of New York were too happy to convict the framed Muslims. The purpose was to make the allegation of terrorism stick with the name of Islam and provide the ground to scuttle the growth of Islam in the U.S. All of this evil was camouflaged with the celebration of Eid and Iftar parties in the White House. Muslim leaders in the U.S. fell for tokenism, allowed themselves to be fooled and proudly displayed it in their newspapers, magazines and Internet publications. It was during Clinton-Gore period when the anti-Islam and Islamophobia campaign was organized and coordinated world-wide beginning in 1993. Anti-Islam campaigns had existed before 1993 but without coordination, central planning and area specialization. By the time Clinton-Gore left, anti-Islam campaigns were blooming with their devestating effects on the Muslim world.
Events leading to the Gulf war. The genesis of the Gulf war was in the Iranian revolution of 1979. The U.S. had made the Shah a regional Super Power from a military point of view. He was the hero of the West in the Muslim world who would do anything to suppress Islam, protect Israel, keep the oil flowing for keeping the West well-fueled and their economies oiled. He had the best of land, air and sea forces in the region. All of that fell in the hands of "fundamentalist Ayatollahs" who were perceived and promoted as enemies of the West. The question was how to take Iran's armament away or have them destroyed. To destroy one regional super power, the U.S. had to build another regional super power and pit the two against each other. Once the new super power destroyed the older one, a way had to be found to destroy the new one. The new power could not be allowed to pride in itself for very long. The U.S. found that Saddam already had claims against Kuwait and that could be a bait to draw him and beat him. Since Saddam was valuable to the West because of his anti-Islam activities, no one wanted to kill him - just destroy his regional super power status. Bingo! The plan was presented to Reagan, who approved it. During the Reagan administration, the first phase of the plan was to build Saddam into a regional Super Power and use him to destroy Iran. The second phase of the plan was to destroy Saddam's power while keeping him as a dictator so that he could continue to kill Muslims and keep kings and emirs of the Gulf states shivering with fear thereby keeping them in obedience of the U.S. It fell in the hands of Bush to complete the second phase which he did successfully. Bush should have been rewarded for his success and should have won his second term but the Zionist hatred of him brought him down.
In summary, it was pre-planned to use Saddam to destroy Iran and to use Kuwait to destroy Saddam's military might. It was a transparent plan of the U.S. and millions of human lives were collateral damage; since in the eyes of the American politicians, lives of the Third World people, particularly the Muslims, has no more value than the lives of the mice. Even American dogs and cats are more valuable to the American politicians than the people of the Third World countries. The destruction of the Third World societies, lives of millions of people, destruction of their infra-structure, industry, educational institutions are meaningless for the maintenance of hegemony of the West, particularly the U.S. It proves once again that the Might is right.
Secondary benefits of the Gulf War for the U.S. There were many and I list them below.
1. Technology Testing: President Eisenhower coined the phrase, "military-industrial complex", that is, the military and industry work with each other in a symbiotic relationship. Industry develops new technology and produces new equipment, which the military tests and buys. Ultimate testing in a live war situation was and remains crucial, therefore, the government has to keep finding enemies to wage a war against and test the equipment. American foreign policy takes this requirement in view. It means developing new enemies and keeping them in the pipeline for future use. The CIA is instrumental in the process of growing enemies, keeping them in the pipeline and triggering crises for waging a war whenever such a need arises. Naturally, eliminating Saddam Hussein would have not served the purpose, whereas keeping him in power has allowed the military-industrial complex of the U.S. to continually test new arms development in the Iraqi fields. Why to use Nevada or New Mexico or a remote island in the Pacific when Iraq with her radar equipment is available for live testing? Iraq as an enemy is a necessity and is valuable to the U.S. Under the world's pressure, if Iraq is no longer available, plans are underway to make Iran and Afghanistan as the next testing ground. Pakistan may have narrowly escaped the hit list but remains on the American radar as a potential enemy. The slogan of terrorism is just a smokescreen. The American military-industrial complex cannot survive without an enemy. Islam and Muslim lands are the hated enemies and they are made more acceptable enemies to the American voters through the hype of Muslim fundamentalism and terrorism.
2. Occupation and control of oil fields: Ever since the development of oil fields in the Middle East, the U.S. has been salivating to occupy and control them. Control came through American oil companies but by nationalization of the oil fields by the Gulf states, the occupation appeared to have slipped away. America was looking for ways to put her forces near the fields to control them in case of hostile governments take over after Iran-like revolutions. The Gulf war was that opportunity that presented itself on a silver platter.
3. Preventing Funding for Da'wah: In the early fifties Christian churches of the West embarked upon a new ambitious project of Christianizing Africa by the year 2000. It was a field with open opportunities for all Christian denominations to work together in cooperation and coordination with each other. They pooled a billion dollars, trained over 75,000 missionaries and sent them to Africa. John Kennedy's Peace Corp was a part of the Christian-CIA mission. This author believes that almost everyone in the Peace Corp was working either with a church or the CIA or both. They built schools, hospitals, houses and a lot of good work, but the African people received a heavy dose of mission message, a Bible and baptism, if possible. Muslims living in Africa became suspicious of these activities and they themselves became active in Da'wah. These Muslims had no money, no education, no training and no central planning but they had the true message of Allah and zeal that goes with it. Consequently, in the 1960s and 70s, Islam became the fastest spreading religion in Africa. This surprised the West. They blamed petrodollars of the Middle East, central planning and guidance from Arabs, which, in reality did not exist. According to Muslim estimates, at its height no more than eight million petrodollars in a year came from the Arab businessmen to the vast continent of sub-Sahara Africa and the rest was local money and talent. Compare it with one to three billion dollars annually from the West for the churches in Africa. The Gulf war had the net effect that donor countries of the oil producing Arab states became debtor countries, their economies shattered and economic uncertainties stopped even those paltry donations for Da'wah. In addition, the U.S. and western governments began putting pressure on their puppet governments to make regulations and implement them to stop private donations by the merchants and businessmen for Da'wah. It has worked and funding from the Middle East for Islamic causes has almost dried up.
4. Stopping Progress of the Muslim Countries: Around 1971 the Israelis passed a resolution that no Arab country or a combination thereof should be allowed to become stronger than Israel. This resolution was eventually adopted by the American political parties as their goal, too. Israel may have mentioned the word "Arab" but it evidently meant Muslim majority countries and this is the way it is understood and applied. It was, therefore, not enough to destroy the military of Saddam but it was also necessary to destroy the infrastructure and industrial base of Iraq too. The strength of a country does not come just from purchased military hardware but from the development of economy, social fabric, educational base, scientific research, technology development, industrial development, infrastructure and domestic manufacturing of arms. Iraq under Saddam was progressing technologically in arms development. The shattered economies of the Gulf prevented the flow of such money from Gulf to developing countries, such as Pakistan, that has the most potential of becoming a power to reckon with. The U.S. uses every opportunity of keeping Pakistan backward by destroying her economy, social fabric, educational institutions, scientific research, technological development, stunting the development of the infrastructure and development of an industrial base. Terrorism is implanted with the help of India and Pakistani agents of the CIA; riots keep schools, colleges and universities closed; corruption undercuts any progress. Pakistani bureaucracy is American hand-picked, heavily bribed or black-mailed, and loyal to the master doing its bidding. The whole idea is to keep the country backward. Perhaps the same pattern is repeated in many of the Muslim majority countries. If any of the leaders do not fall in line they are replaced, one way or the other.
5. Scaring the Puppets: The Gulf war was a warning to those puppets who were fattened by the West that they should never dream of breaking the shackles and freeing themselves or their countries. Freedom for non-Muslim countries is acceptable to the West but it is abhorrent for the Muslim majority countries. The West enforces economic and political slavery on the Muslims from the top and the masses are crushed and kept enslaved using Western arms and intelligence technology.
6. Globalization: The New World Order or Globalization is hegemony of the American culture. The idea is to destroy every alternate culture to the West and force the western culture of alcohol, drugs, adultery, fornication, gambling casinos, dance clubs, homosexuality and incest upon the Muslims. As the West sees it, this is FREEDOM for the Muslims and Islam is OPPRESSION. Whether anyone likes it or not, Uncle Sam wants Islam as a "Deen" destroyed.
The Solution of the Problem. What can the Muslims of America do to solve the problem? America is the only Super Power of the world and is arrogant enough to use it to force her will on the weaker countries. Capitalism fears Islam and is fighting a cold and hot war against it. Muslims know that the fear of Islam is totally unjustifiable but interests of a few in the U.S. have kept the masses fearful of Islam. Muslims in America live in her belly and they are in a position to do a lot to change the situation. This requires vision, planning and strategies of success. Unfortunately, the leadership of the Muslims in America are unable or unwilling to see beyond their noses. May Allah help them and their blind followers. The only alternative to living under an anti-Islam environment is to change the public opinion in the U.S. and rest of the West from anti-Islam to neutrality if not pro-Islam. For more details see my articles, THE VISION and ONE FAMILY A MONTH.
Lesser of the Two Evils. Despite the knowledge of what I have written above, I worked in support of the election of George W. Bush because I saw him as lesser of the two evils; nevertheless, an evil for the Muslim world. Gore meant rule from Jerusalem and the U.S. Administration becoming a proxy, whereas, Bush meant rule from Washington - which is worse? Clinton-Gore era was a period of transition for shifting the power from Washington to Jerusalem - many foreign policy, national security policy and immigration policy issues during this period were directed from Jerusalem. Clinton-Gore employed over 42% officials who were Jewish-Zionists whereas their population in the U.S. is 1.5%. Bush has employed very few Jewish-Zionists in his administration.
Muslim's Expectations from the President Bush. The policies of the American government have been tilted for a long time against Islam and causes dear to the Muslims. The Republican Party has an extreme right religious group that is also holds strong anti-Islam, anti-Muslim and pro-Israel bias. It is not possible for a president or another politician to turn completely around and become pro-Muslim without committing political suicide except where there is a strong Muslim/Arab constituency. An obvious example is Congressman David Bonior who has dependable Arab constituency in his district. Even former Senator and current Secretary of Energy Spencer Abraham could not muster enough votes in Michigan to get reelected in the year 2000. Muslims have to do their homework if they expect a complete turnaround in U.S. government policies to favor Muslims. The long-term results will come only from working on public opinion to change it from anti-Islam to pro-Islam. This means massive education of the people through direct approach and working against the media effort of keeping public opinion anti-Islamic. In this work every Muslim living in the U.S. has to contribute through reaching out to his American neighbors, colleagues and fellow students and educating them. Muslims should work with the goal of reaching every resident of America. This approach will produce permanent results. A short term approach that can produce some results, at least some of the time, is to register to vote and cast a unified Muslim ballot in every election cycle. In addition, Muslims should become politically active through participation by giving time, talent and money. For the moment Muslims may expect the following from George W. Bush during his first term:
Evidence. Covert operations are almost impossible to prove except for the operators and when documents come to light. The factual information is available in the media and analysis is mine. Reading the media, analysis and drawing conclusions is like seeing some vague footprints in the jungle floor and declaring the presence of a tiger. If you demand me to show you the tiger before you believe it, then wait until the tiger turns you into his next meal.
Help Wanted. I have dedicated my life and work since 1985 to bring a change in American public opinion from anti-Islam to sympathetic to the Muslims. I request your help with your money, time and talents or whatever you can spare. Please visit our page describing how you can help.